Declan is Six | Reno NV Newborn Photographer | Kristi Gayton Photography
Keeping my camera out at home to capture special moments with my own family is not one of my strengths but definitely something I am working on in 2018. It's so easy to forget the value of freezing these tiny little moments until suddenly we blink and our first baby is having another birthday. I can't believe that my Declan is now 6 years old! In honor of his birthday and in an effort to work harder to capture memories at home I recently ordered a few prints of our everyday life to hang on our walls (that I did manage to take using my camera instead of a cell phone). You should really consider adding this to your list of things to do as well! It's actually really great for your kiddos self esteem to see photos of themselves hanging on your walls! I'll go into that more in another post later but for today...
Meet Declan! Declan is officially six years old! He is a January baby and to celebrate his birthday(and his Daddy's B-Day too) we spent a couple days in Lake Tahoe at The MontBleu to take advantage of their awesome indoor pool. Declan is a HUGE fan of hotels, swimming, and arcades so this was a triple win!
Here are 6 things to know about our amazing little (BIG) six year old:
1. He is going to be a "circus guy" when he grows up just like in The Greatest Showman! He can reenact the dances and scenes from this movie like nobody's business and it is super entertaining to watch.
2. He is NEVER NEVER EVER going to move out of the house- just ask him. He looks devastated and puzzled when told that humans do not in fact live with their parents for ever and ever.
3. He is the all time pickiest eater which creates an interesting challenge for us because he also has a severe gluten allergy so we are always on the hunt for healthy things to feed him in hopes he doesn't turn into a box of Annie's gluten free Mac n cheese.
4. He LOVES music. He wants to know the name of every single song on the radio and it is totally unacceptable if he asks and we don't know the title or artist. If we don't know we should "ask Siri."
5. Siri knows everything! Several times a day Declan asks "Can we ask Siri....?" "Why don't you ask Siri?" I cannot even imagine if we had an Alexa in our home!
6. Declan's all time dream is to go to Disneyland! When he was 4 we told him we would go "someday." That very same day he started telling everyone that would listen... "I am going to Disneyland!" and he's been telling everyone ever since. His dream will finally be coming true at the end of this month but he and his sister have no idea! It's going to be such a fun surprise!